As a mom of three boys, I am often asked, "Are you going to try for a girl?" I always find it a strange question because I feel extremely blessed to have three healthy boys, and I wouldn't trade them for the world. So... to answer the question... "no, I am not going to try for a boy", and here are 5 reasons I LOVE being a mom to my sons:
1) My boys love to move. -- Although I find it exhausting at times, I love that my boys are so active. My guys love to play sports, chase each other around the yard, and dance around the house. PS (Little boys make awesome dance partners.)
2) My boys play the best games. -- My house is full of LEGO, mini sticks, light sabers and race cars. We may not have a single princess dress, but our dress up box is brimming with Jedi robes, super hero capes, pirate clothes, and hockey jerseys.
3) My boys are best friends and they build fantastic forts together. A few blankets, pillows, and chairs can keep them entertained for hours.
4) My boys don't fight about clothes. -- I don't have to fight about what they wear to school each day. My boys are happiest in jeans and t-shirts. Add ball caps and sneakers, and they are good to go! (and... having three boys means lots of "hand-me-downs"... score!)
5) My boys give big hugs and heartfelt kisses. -- They are also awesome cuddlers... and they love their mom!
And on top of all this, I can save time when I am trying to get somewhere because I don't need to use their names. I can just say "come on boys", "hurry up boys", and "don't forget your coats boys". :-)
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)