Celebrating New Year's Eve with Kids

After all the chaos of Christmas, I enjoy spending New Year's Eve at home with my kids. I love that I don't need to dress up, there are no crowds, I don't spend a ton of money on a babysitter... and I have the cutest dates in town. Today, I am sharing a few of the special (and fun) ways I celebrate New Year's Eve at home with my boys.
I always put together countdown bags -- one for each hour leading up to midnight. It takes a little time to assemble them, but it isn't difficult, and my boys love them. They really keep the kids entertained, and they add a special touch to the evening's celebrations. You can read more about our countdown bags here.


I have the kids fill out a Year in Review questionnaire. It's always fun to read their answers, and I enjoy looking back at how their answers change through the years. To download this year's "Year in Review" questionnaire: right click on the picture below, save it to your computer, and print it like a regular 8X10 photo. 

Update: find a 2021 version here.


Every party needs party favours, and two of my favourites are easy DIY party favours. You can check out our midnight kisses here and our breakfast for tomorrow here.



The highlight of any New Year's Eve celebration is, of course, the countdown to midnight. This can be a challenge for little ones that need an early bedtime, but there is no rule that says a midnight countdown needs to happen at 12 o'clock. Our solution... search "New Year's Eve Countdown" on Netflix for a fun countdown that you can do at 10, 9, or 8. (The King Julien one is our favorite... but they are all cute.) You can get a little preview here


After the countdown, my boys always enjoy a milk and cookies toast. It is a fun (and yummy) way to end the night. We rim some fancy glasses with sprinkles for a festive touch to our toast.


I hope you enjoy these fun, easy and inexpensive ways to celebrate New Year's Eve with your kids. Happy New Year!


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)


Disclosure: As part of the Netflix #StreamTeam, I am given special perks and gifts, but all opinions on this blog our 100% my own.

2 comments:

  1. You can definitely see your expertise in the work you write. The world hopes for more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to say how they believe. Always follow your heart.

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....